- community, family, and friends
- creating the life you want
- death and divorce
- discovering or reinventing yourself
- finding or creating work and making money
- getting ready for your future
- going back to school, education, and training
- health and dealing with change
- living with your adult children
- losing people you love
- love and marriage
- moving or relocating
- retiring or not retiring
- taking care of your parents
- working longer than you thought
- Marge Warner on Mothers Are Like The Stars, Infinite, Diverse, And In Motion
- David Lubert on An Unemployed Man In His Later 60s, My Dad Needs Help
- George Schofield on In Our Faces: What Have You Noticed?
- Monique on In Our Faces: What Have You Noticed?
- George Schofield on Max, Age 5, And His Grownups Discuss Great Grandma
Click Here To Read Moreaction after 50 aging baby boomers boomer career caregiver change control elderly employment empty nest entrepreneur fear future getting older goals golden years grandchildren grandkids grand parent grandparent grandparenting grand parenting grandparents health independence longevity money new normal over 50 possibility quality of life questions relationships relocating retire retired retirement retiring risk roles senior vitality wisdom
Category Archives: health and dealing with change
I recently passed a billboard in NYC that extolled the virtues of beginning to seriously save now for retirement. This called to mind two articles a national news agency published recently within 3 days of each other.
Hi Diane, I’d be happy to talk with you by phone. And I’d be happy to talk to your father by phone also initially. I can’t make tailored recommendations based on one email and no direct conversation.
I received the following email: Hi George,
mean•ing•ful [mee-ning-fuhl] , adjective - full of meaning, significance, purpose, or value; purposeful; significant: a meaningful wink; a meaningful choice. This has been a very active week. In less than 7 days I’ve heard from 9 different friends (all almost 50 to well … Continue reading
Upcoming LIVE Seminar this Thursday evening, March 22 at 8:30pm (ET) / 5:30pm (PT) Find out more…
Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of our move across the country to our new home and life. After many years in San Francisco – and with no intention of retiring – we relocated to Sarasota, Florida. Many of our friends … Continue reading
“Bottom line: Life goes on after a life changing medical challenge. Patience, humor, and new strategies are required in abundance. The freedom to live life to its fullest makes it worth the effort.” Eric G. (Part 2 of 2, Read … Continue reading
“Try flipping a coin and catching it with both eyes open. Then try it again, this time keeping one eye shut. You will immediately understand my challenge.” Eric G. (Part 1 of 2) My vision was normal in both eyes … Continue reading
(And I didn’t think you were a day over 90!)