- community, family, and friends
- creating the life you want
- death and divorce
- discovering or reinventing yourself
- finding or creating work and making money
- getting ready for your future
- going back to school, education, and training
- health and dealing with change
- living with your adult children
- losing people you love
- love and marriage
- moving or relocating
- retiring or not retiring
- taking care of your parents
- working longer than you thought
- Marge Warner on Mothers Are Like The Stars, Infinite, Diverse, And In Motion
- David Lubert on An Unemployed Man In His Later 60s, My Dad Needs Help
- George Schofield on In Our Faces: What Have You Noticed?
- Monique on In Our Faces: What Have You Noticed?
- George Schofield on Max, Age 5, And His Grownups Discuss Great Grandma
Click Here To Read Moreaction after 50 aging baby boomers boomer career caregiver change control elderly employment empty nest entrepreneur fear future getting older goals golden years grandchildren grandkids grand parent grandparent grandparenting grand parenting grandparents health independence longevity money new normal over 50 possibility quality of life questions relationships relocating retire retired retirement retiring risk roles senior vitality wisdom
Category Archives: getting ready for your future
OK. I’ll write about Retirement as you readers requested. But I want to use your examples to begin, your Diverse Voices of Retirement Experience. We often talk inaccurately about Baby Boomers as if they are all similar or even homogenous. … Continue reading
“I’m 65 today!” our neighbor Bill Wentwhistle announced proudly at Coffee World. “I’ve waited years for this moment. Now my real life begins. I can retire. I can qualify for all kinds of discounts. I’m a Senior!” He sat … Continue reading
Hi Diane, I’d be happy to talk with you by phone. And I’d be happy to talk to your father by phone also initially. I can’t make tailored recommendations based on one email and no direct conversation.
If you’re in the Osprey, FL area in March, I’ll be speaking at two events called “Developing the Skills and Life Agility We’ll Need, After 50 It’s Up To Us”.
I received the following email: Hi George,
There she stood just inside our front door with her hands on her hips. “You keep writing about other people’s After 50 stories,” she said. “Mine is different and it deserves telling, too.” Pushing past me she settled into a chair … Continue reading
“We forget that any form of conversion is a step forward. But, one’s steps take longer when you must walk to get a pail of water rather than turn on a faucet; you are moving none the less. It just … Continue reading
Is Anyone Else Out There Tired Of The Upcoming Election? Is anyone else out there turning off the television or closing the browser on the computer to move beyond the media tsunami?
mean•ing•ful [mee-ning-fuhl] , adjective - full of meaning, significance, purpose, or value; purposeful; significant: a meaningful wink; a meaningful choice. This has been a very active week. In less than 7 days I’ve heard from 9 different friends (all almost 50 to well … Continue reading
This week’s blessing: A week’s visit by one of my sons. Without his terrific wife and amazing daughters. Just Brown Eyes and him and me. Living in our house. For a week.