- community, family, and friends
- creating the life you want
- death and divorce
- discovering or reinventing yourself
- finding or creating work and making money
- getting ready for your future
- going back to school, education, and training
- health and dealing with change
- living with your adult children
- losing people you love
- love and marriage
- moving or relocating
- retiring or not retiring
- taking care of your parents
- working longer than you thought
- Marge Warner on Mothers Are Like The Stars, Infinite, Diverse, And In Motion
- David Lubert on An Unemployed Man In His Later 60s, My Dad Needs Help
- George Schofield on In Our Faces: What Have You Noticed?
- Monique on In Our Faces: What Have You Noticed?
- George Schofield on Max, Age 5, And His Grownups Discuss Great Grandma
Click Here To Read Moreaction after 50 aging baby boomers boomer career caregiver change control elderly employment empty nest entrepreneur fear future getting older goals golden years grandchildren grandkids grand parent grandparent grandparenting grand parenting grandparents health independence longevity money new normal over 50 possibility quality of life questions relationships relocating retire retired retirement retiring risk roles senior vitality wisdom
Category Archives: finding or creating work and making money
OK. I’ll write about Retirement as you readers requested. But I want to use your examples to begin, your Diverse Voices of Retirement Experience. We often talk inaccurately about Baby Boomers as if they are all similar or even homogenous. … Continue reading
I recently passed a billboard in NYC that extolled the virtues of beginning to seriously save now for retirement. This called to mind two articles a national news agency published recently within 3 days of each other.
I received the following email: Hi George,
mean•ing•ful [mee-ning-fuhl] , adjective - full of meaning, significance, purpose, or value; purposeful; significant: a meaningful wink; a meaningful choice. This has been a very active week. In less than 7 days I’ve heard from 9 different friends (all almost 50 to well … Continue reading
This week’s blessing: A week’s visit by one of my sons. Without his terrific wife and amazing daughters. Just Brown Eyes and him and me. Living in our house. For a week.
Suppose you were driving an underpowered 1962 Plymouth and suddenly discovered yourself in today’s heavy, fast-moving freeway traffic. Would your vehicle be up to the situation? Cars and questions are both vehicles to take us somewhere we need to be. … Continue reading
Upcoming LIVE Seminar this Thursday evening, March 22 at 8:30pm (ET) / 5:30pm (PT) Find out more…
Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of our move across the country to our new home and life. After many years in San Francisco – and with no intention of retiring – we relocated to Sarasota, Florida. Many of our friends … Continue reading
If you’re over 50, and you want (or need) to get a job, more work, or to change employment, I have a new video seminar that I’d like to share with you. In it, I’ll be letting you know about … Continue reading
Watch more videos on New Bright Life’s YouTube Channel by clicking here, and please share your comments below this post. Thanks.